Friday, October 30, 2009

Value Chart - Planes

Value Chart - Neutrals

Closer

I thought it would be helpful to create four versions of the same scene in different neutral/limited palettes. I started this yesterday, and am going to try to complete it by Monday using different "base" colors. In this one I used the same values used in class on Wednesday, using cad yellow and the black mixture, and lightening with white. It's helpful for me to have these permanently on a board, to reference in the future. Laurel is always advocating making value charts like this, so I'm pretty sure she'll be happy with me here. :)

-julie davis

5 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Julie,

The value charts are fascinating. It looks super to see the chart next to the painting. Great work.

xoxoxoxoxoxBarbara

Nancy B. Hartley said...

Julie, Thank you for sharing your value charts and color palette. So educational. I love it, and love learning about other artists techniques. Your paintings are just beautiful! Looking forward to more!

Tracey Mardon said...

That is such a great idea Julie. Thanks to you and Laurel. I think doing it would really help me incorporate the info from the colour charts that I made.

Ann Rogers said...

What a great idea, and thanks for sharing..such a perfect exercise!

Laurel Daniel said...

Wow - am I EVER happy with you!! As always, though! ;) It's such good discipline to break things down and try them different ways. Worth every second of your time. LOVE!