Monday, October 5, 2009

The Lineup

The Lineup, 8 x 16

Who among you has heard of a fruit called quince? I'm certain I'm showing my ignorance, but I picked some up at Central Market today because they looked appealing to paint--hopefully they're just as good to eat. I read that quince is most often used in jams because it can be bitter (the extra sugar masks the bitterness).

I'm still in a funk--struggling to find inspiration and struggling with painting itself. So, I end up doing random things, like this. Odd format, odd fruit, dark.....hopefully it will lead somewhere soon!

-julie davis

2 comments:

Leslie Saeta said...

It is noce that your "funk" can lead to such a great painting. We have all been there and it jsut takes time to get out of it. But keep doing what you are doing because it is working!

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Julie,

My heart breaks when I read that word "funk." I'm so sorry because you are a great painter. Don't let the creative blues get you. Your work is beautiful.

This is a great painting.

xoxoxoxoBarbara