Monday, October 26, 2009

In the Thick of It

In the Thick of It, 12 x 12
sold

Under a tree and in the midst of wildflowers...seems like a good location for almost anything to me. The donkeys that used to live in this old shelter had a pretty good view of the Guadalupe River, and of course, a decent view of these flowers. This is a slightly larger version of "Unexpected Color" from another post. I keep wanting to get a closer composition of the barn, so I guess I'll just have to go back.

-julie davis

5 comments:

Angela Elledge said...

Beautiful warm yellows against the warm greens and that awesome deep violet; lovely!

Mitzi Easley said...

This is wonderful Julie... one of my favorites of your barns. Well done! M

Laurel Daniel said...

A GREAT location and really fabulous piece. Love it!

Kerri Settle said...

What a gorgeous spot; I can see why you're drawn to it!

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Julie,

I may not have commented on this, but I saw it and was completely dazzled. Man you are a good painter! Just amazing.

xoxoxoxoxoBarbara