Monday, June 29, 2009

Morning on the Colorado

Morning on the Colorado, 6 x 8
sold

Morning is about the most pleasant time around here these days, and I do love summer mornings.  I've had a photo of this crossing of the Colorado River for a while--I speedily put this together before dinner tonight.  I'm looking forward to some unbroken painting time (our girls all head to camp for several weeks next week), and I'm going to have more time than I can comprehend, but it will come at a price.  I don't think they'll be homesick, but I'll miss them terribly!

-julie davis

3 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Julie,

This is lovely. I know what you mean about missing your kids -- it's hard, and the time will be a blessing.

xoxoxoxBarbara

John Weisinger said...

Morning, I like the reflection of the clouds in the water. I personally find reflections of mts., trees and clouds add a serenity to a painting.

Have a great day.

J.

Leslie Saeta said...

Sounds bittersweet! Just remember when you miss the kids, you can pull out a photo and paint them! You need to enjoy the painting time ... because remember the kids will return home very soon!
Lovely painting too. Love that blue.