Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wine Country

Head for the Hills, 6 x 6

This is a scene I've been afraid to paint, and I think I know why!  It's a place that's new and very important to me--a view from the deck of Weisinger's Winery in Ashland, Oregon.  Last summer my mom married a childhood best friend, John Weisinger, and this is the view from his winery's deck (or my 5 am attempt at translating the view).  I've been once, and hope to return many times, as it is one of the most relaxing, delightful places I've been, and to sit on the deck and enjoy a glass of wine with mom and John is one of my life's very treasured moments.  I hope to attempt more from this location, perhaps when I'm there in August for a bit I'll paint from the deck, rather than from a photo--even photos don't do it justice.

4 comments:

Kate Merriman said...

Beautiful! The Ashland area is so gorgeous. I'm jealous you get to go visit family there!

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Julie,

This is magnificent. What an amazing painter you are.

Take care,

Barbara

Anonymous said...

I like your interpretation of this scene. This is a lovely part of the world and I live on its doorstep.
Jean

Leslie Saeta said...

Lovely painting. I love the colors!