Tuesday, October 2, 2012

October, Red Bud Isle


October, Red Bud Isle
9 x 12 in., oil on panel

donation to Trinity Episcopal School auction

Fall is such an exciting time to be outdoors painting.  Not only is the weather completely perfect, but the deviation in color from the usual expanse of green is just plain fun.  I spent several days over the past week outdoors, and this piece is from Monday morning.  

The remainder of this week I'll be in Kerrville, Texas participating in the Kerrville Outdoor Painters' Event.  To say I'm looking forward to it is an understatement; I'll post from there as I can with updates. 

-julie davis


2 comments:

Tracey Mardon said...

That's a beaut Julie! Have fun at your event!
Tracey

Barbara Muir said...

Incredibly beautiful. Congratulations on the Outdoor Painters' Event. And props to you for painting outside.

xoxoxoxoxoxBarbara