Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fall Color at Red Bud Isle


Fall Color at Red Bud Isle
6 x 8 in., oil on panel
sold

Every day for the past two weeks, I've driven over the bridge near Tom Miller Dam in Austin and watched the trees turn from green to gold.  A last-minute appointment cancellation allowed me the chance to paint them this morning.  And as a double bonus, I arrived at my painting spot to find my dear friend, Laurel Daniel, with the same idea.  As Laurel said, "great minds think alike."  

-julie davis

3 comments:

Pam Holnback said...

Beautiful!

Laurel Daniel said...

SOOO Great to see you out there - such serendipiity! This piece is a little jewel.

Barbara Muir said...

Love this, absolutely stunning.
Lucky you painting with Laurel, and
lucky Laurel painting with you.

How fun.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoBarbara