Thursday, April 12, 2012

Heaven in Texas


my painting companion today



Heaven in Texas....redundant statement


Heaven in Texas, 11 x 14 in.
sold

I'll start by explaining my post title. It really was sunny most of the morning (despite the overcast sky in the second photo); a sunny, 80 degree April day in Texas where the wildflowers are in full bloom--how can it get any better? Did I mention I was surrounded by bluebonnets?

Several of us in Plein Air Austin met at McKinney Falls Park in Austin today to paint. The water was flowing, but the flowers were impossible to pass up. They'll be gone soon, and I'm hoping the water will be there a little longer than the flowers, though after last summer one never knows. The butterfly above kept me company for half and hour or more today--brave little guy.

-julie davis

6 comments:

Laurel Daniel said...

What a beautiful day and WHAT A BEAUTIFUL PAINTING!!!

Kathy Collins said...

I especially love your back tree line with all the variations creating such depth.

David Boyd, Jr said...

very, very nice!

Carmel Georgescu said...

Really nice painting,Julie!

Barbara Muir said...

What a gorgeous painting. I would love to see that, and feel like I have. Super work.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoBarbara

carol morgan carmichael said...

This is SO spectacular! Gorgeous scene. Love the butterfly story too.