Monday, April 16, 2012

Quiet Cove, Spring

Quiet Cove, Spring, 11 x 14 in.

Austin's weather this time of year is fantastic, and today was no exception. It did begin a little bit overcast, and this painting reflects that. I went back to an old haunt today--the little inlet behind our art school at Laguna Gloria. It's actually very close to my house--and it was nice to be back. I pulled out an old painting tonight for comparison (my first plein air painting from 4 1/2 years ago) -- it was the same scene -- truly, stuff like that will keep one humble. And no, don't ask me to post it. Not happening.

-julie davis

2 comments:

Laurel Daniel said...

Ah, yes, a favorite haunt! I so know what you mean about revisiting the old work - it is humbling but it's also encouraging to mark the progress and growth. Wonderful.

Carmel Georgescu said...

It is definitely gorgeous ,Julie!