Sunday, April 22, 2012

Through the Trees


Through the Trees
9 x 12 in., oil on panel

Thursday I met up with PAA and painted at a ranch in Dripping Springs....a beautiful spot with long views and a quiet peacefulness.  The wind whipped up occasionally Thursday, but I found a spot under some oaks and protected from the wind, and painted what I saw ahead of me.  The spindly trunks of these young oaks reached and twisted so playfully up to each tree's canopy, I couldn't help but be intrigued.  My apologies for the poor photo quality here... darker colors give me fits with reflection, and I admittedly rushed myself for this one....

-julie davis

1 comment:

Kathy Cousart said...

Love these- wonderful character and you did a great job capturing their connection. Was it Carlson who said that trees have personalities and are like people?! These feel like good friends.