Friday, July 8, 2011

Study 1

Study 1, 8 x 6 in.


After a long and necessary absence from blogging (end of school, family vacation), I'm happily attending Scott Christensen's July workshop in Idaho and posting again. Today was the first day of the workshop, and I'm taking it all in. We had a little time this afternoon to do a quick study and try out what we're learning. I've included a photograph of the view I chose. Sorry for the poor photo of my work--hotel room photography--have to find a better setup!

-julie davis

5 comments:

Bridget Hunter said...

Isn't it wonderful to paint with other people - I think you've taken this view and made it your own - in your own style. Its a lovely little study.

Laurel Daniel said...

Off to a great start! Beautiful place and beautiful little study!

Pam Holnback said...

Thanks for sharing about your workshop! Would love to study w/ him!

Valérie Pirlot said...

What a lovely little study. There is a beautiful colour harmony and perfect balance between all the elements. There is a real softness about it - I wish I painted this myself! Thanks for sharing...

mary maxam said...

Wonderful sketch, and I can't wait to hear more on the workshop. His demo in here a few weeks ago was excellent!