Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Road to the Winery

Road to the Winery, 8 x 10

I couldn't pass up this tree.  We were in the wine country around Santa Barbara last weekend, and I took as many photos as I could, since I didn't have my paints with me.  This tree was so elegant, and hung over the vines in one area in such a majestic way.  What a beautiful part of the country--and so cool--coming back to 105 degrees was hard!

And for those who asked, I now know the web address for the "poachpod" that I wrote about a few days back.  Go to fusionbrands.com.  They even have a terrific video showing you how it works as intended...I look forward to trying some to poach eggs rather than clean brushes soon!

-julie davis

3 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Julie,

This is exceptional. I am giving you the Bella Sinclair award. Check out my blog later (I'm still writing it) for the details.

xoxoxoxoBarbara

Sharon Hodges said...

Julie, love this latest post...so fresh and yes, it evokes the wine country feel...If I use my imagination, I can temporarily ignore the TX furnace level heat and feel the breezes of Santa Barbara! Hope you will paint some more images from your trip.

Leslie Saeta said...

Great painting. Such bright colors! Wow. Way to go.