Monday, October 11, 2010

California Road

California Road, 16 x 12
sold

Again, working "larger." For me and many, time is the enemy when I paint. It's pretty easy to wedge an hour of painting time in every day--mostly. But fitting three to four hours of pure painting time is less so; it's usually a once a week occurrence at most. And more than four right now--forget it! That said, this is a 3 1/2 hour attempt from a 6 x 8 I've "grown up" to a 16 x 12 for my show. My post from October 1 is the smaller version.

-julie davis

8 comments:

Johanna Spinks said...

love the 'abstract shape' quality of this piece, so important in any work. Bravo

Linda Popple said...

I liked your study and I like the larger one, too. Well done!!

Elaine Hurst said...

Very nice! It is hard to wedge those painting times into our busy days. But this is a wonderful piece.

claire christinel said...

Lovely piece Julie. I hear you on the time thing! I love the road leading into the trees and your tone and temperature variations are very nicely done.

Bridget Hunter said...

This was worth the effort of a larger version. Lovely composition and colours.

Carolyn Finnell said...

I love the way you've worked the warmer tones into the greens. It gives great variety an definition without altering the value and makes it so much more interesting.

Marie Theron said...

A lovely road scene, Julie!

Tammy Hext said...

I love both the study and the larger version - well done!!!
Tam