Saturday, June 26, 2010

Lake Somerville Trees

Lake Somerville Trees, 10 x 8

I had the good fortune this weekend this weekend to go to Bryan, Texas to the Forsyth Gallery, where some Plein Air Austin members currently have paintings on display (me included). The gallery was hosting a paint-out, and some of us in PAA went down to join in. On the way there Friday evening, our caravan stopped at Lake Somerville and painted. These trees were on a hilly peninsula that caught our eyes. It was a beautiful evening and a wonderful way to spend it--painting at the lake with friends.

-julie davis

5 comments:

Victor Errington said...

Hi Julie.
this is a wonderful painting of trees and bushes. I really love the way you have spread the Tones about. beautiful darks as well. All the best Vic.

Ann Rogers said...

Julie, love this recent Texas scene, as well as your previous posts from Florida. You have such a knack for capturing just the right essentials in your landscapes.

Hope Cunningham Daily Paintings said...

Beautiful job massing the trees. I am impressed!

Tracey Mardon said...

Hi Julie, I love so much about this but my favorite part is the skyholes, Beautiful!

Carol Morgan said...

Julie, I just love this painting. The way you painted the bushes and trees is so pleasing to the eye. Just perfect!