Monday, April 26, 2010

Lost Creek Footpath

Lost Creek Footpath, 8 x 6

Our Plein Air Austin painting group just returned last night from a weekend annual trip--what a fantastic time we had! There were 23 of us--we went to the Hunt/Kerrville area and had two and a half days of non-stop painting and camaraderie with great friends....and the area was gorgeous. So much to paint. I wasn't as thrilled with my product as I'd hoped to be, but I learned plenty and am energized to work on some larger pieces in the studio from the studies I did. I'll post some of that work in the coming days.

As far as this piece goes, the last time our plein air class was at Lost Creek (a neighborhood here in Austin), we painted along part of the Barton Creek Greenbelt that runs through it. This trail was a little off-shoot of the main trail, and led down to the water. I can't seem to resist a trail right now....

-julie davis

4 comments:

LindaHunt said...

Another beautiful landscape Julie. This compostion is very interesting with a variety of different points of view.

Kerri Settle said...

I'm glad you can't resist painting these trails because I really love looking at them.

Janice said...

this is beautiful- a meandering pathway under blue skies

Barbara Muir said...

As usual your work is magnificent. This is gorgeous -- the colour, design, everything. You are a super painter.

xoxoxoxox