Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Hill Country Cold Front


untitled
12 x 16 in., oil on panel
available

Picking up where I left off...:) As I mentioned a post or two back, I've been building my more daily presence on Instagram (@juliedavisstudio) rather than here on my blog, but going forward I'll continue to post small works (6 x 8 and under) for sale here. I may post some larger ones, but those will end up for sale in galleries or shows, and like this one, will not be for sale online. 

2016 held a ton of changes for me personally, and I won't get into all of them, but a high school graduation, a move, and a remodel are just a few. So I put on my mom/wife/house manager hat for a while, and haven't been able to paint as consistently as I would like. I believe I'm finally getting a crack at consistency as of this week (!!), so look for posts several times a month here, and several times a week on Instagram.

This piece I worked up in the studio from a plein air study I did in November at Wenmoh's Ranch near Austin. A cold front blew in just as we drove up--the beautiful blue skies gave way to gray, and temps dropped instantly--but it was welcomed cold weather in this unseasonably warm winter!

-julie

2 comments:

hmuxo said...

A beautiful scene! I love the powerful sky!!!

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Julie,

Do you find that instagram is more satisfactory? Love this painting. I am getting
back to blogging today. Good for you -- a high school graduation, move and remodel.
That is a lot. Love your work. Glad you are still blogging.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara