Thursday, March 3, 2016

Catwalks


Catwalks, 8 x 16 in., oil on panel
*juried into 2016 American Women Artist's National Juried Exhibition,
Bennington Center for the Arts, Bennington, Vermont
available, $850

It's been far too long since I managed to write a blog post. I've honestly found Instagram to be a much more efficient way to share what I'm up to on a daily/weekly basis, and you can find me there at instagram.com/juliedavisstudio/. I'm still committed to selling my small studies here on my blog, I just haven't had that many lately, as I've been working on a bigger series with these silos. I do intend to be back with more soon, so stay tuned!

I've loved working on these, and I've been able to use my palette knife a good bit more than I would in landscapes due to all of the man-made and cast shadow lines that come into play with the silos. This piece is pretty detailed so you might give it a click to see it better.

-julie davis

5 comments:

Laurel Daniel said...

Oh my… LOVE this!!!! I just joined Instagram so I don’t miss anything! :) Beautiful direction and so wonderfully executed!

Barbara Muir said...

Super Julie,

I think I better join Instagram too because I love your work! But in the meantime -- so much going on -- I will just so enjoy what you post here.

Beautiful.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara

Johanna Spinks said...

Beautiful work

MarkBidstrup said...

Very nice work! Thank you for sharing!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

PRETTY!