Monday, January 5, 2015

Rolling In


Rolling In
6 x 8 in., oil on panel
nfs

I hope you've had a good start to 2015. I missed posting last at the end of last week because we host a New Year's Eve dinner party in our home each year and my attentions were focused on that all week.  My husband and I celebrated our 22nd anniversary on the 31st--I couldn't be more blessed!  

Just before Christmas I managed to paint five 6 x 8 versions of the above scene--one for each of my siblings and for myself, so we'd all have a connection when we glance at it.  I'm calling it the "Sibling Series." I failed to snap a shot of each piece, but though very similar, (like us) they were each unique, and I think my brother and sisters enjoyed the gesture. 

-julie davis

1 comment:

Barbara Muir said...

Beautiful. Happy New Year!
We host a New Year's Eve party too, and it is so much fun. Happy Anniversary too. How lovely to be
married on New Year's Eve.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara