Thursday, January 28, 2010

Surrounded


Surrounded, 8 x 6

I feel like I'm taking baby steps to "get back in the saddle" again with still life. I did this one yesterday early in the morning before class (before getting the kids up for school, actually).

I didn't get to paint today--Leslie Saeta asked about the remodel I referred to yesterday, and that's where I was... We now own a few acres and a house on the Guadalupe River in the Hill Country. The house is wonderful, but we're making some cosmetic changes--lots of paint (somehow much more intimidating when it's on cabinets and walls), adding a room on, updating bathrooms and surfaces. It's got me there at least once a week right now, but it's a ton of fun and soon we'll be finished and able to use it! (And it's a great place to paint:) ).

-julie davis

5 comments:

Leslie Saeta said...

Oh that sounds wonderful! I am so jealous ... a house on the river where you can get away to paint. Good for you!

Patricia Siegel said...

Wow, that is really early. Lately all I can do before my son gets up is hit the snooze button! 'Really love the saturation of the colors here. A house on the river ... sounds like a great spot for a paintout!

Marie Theron said...

Your new place sounds wonderful and I am glad that you find time for painting. A new house can often put your career on hold with SO much to do. Lovely contrasting colours, Julie!

Pam Holnback said...

Just got back from a 2 week trip to Texas, and a stop in Austin for a workshop from Laurel! Now I know what you Austinites are talking about when you mention Hill country!

julie davis said...

Oh, Pam! Laurel told me the workshop was tons of fun...I would've loved to have met you.