Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Class Study 1.26

Class Study, 16 x 20

Laurel's spring still life class has gotten underway, so I'm diving back into it. This was the set-up I worked on this morning. After several very unsatisfying paintings over the last two weeks, I finally have another I feel good about. (A good bit of my time and creative energy lately is going to a remodel project we have in the Hill Country....soon to finish, but it's affected primarily the time I have to paint in a measured, calm way, thus the unsatisfying results). Hopefully, more satisfying paintings to come. :)

-julie davis

I'm looking forward to

8 comments:

Leslie Saeta said...

Great painting Julie! I can see why you are happy with this one. so, tell us about the remodeling project ...

Marie Theron said...

A very effective painting, Julie. It is quiet, restfull. I am sure once it hangs somewhere it will look as if it has always been there! Regards from Cape Town.

Stephen Parker said...

Beautiful, Julie. And it was looking great from the start.

Mary Douglas said...

Hi Julie, Haven't commented for a while - but have been enjoying your blog very much, love the still life. Mary

Mitzi Easley said...

Great job Julie... I love your palette!

Laurel Daniel said...

We all have those times of distraction. Soon you will be enjoying the finished remodel project and be back in the painting flow. This one came out beautifully!!!

Patricia Siegel said...

I don't know how I missed this earlier, but it is lovely. I expected no less!

Barbara Muir said...

Gorgeous and brave -- the head on trowel. Your work is all marvellous.

xoxoxoxoxoxBarbara

(Beautiful colour)