Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Lines of Communication

Lines of Communication, 6 x 8
sold

These telephone poles follow FM 1340 along the North Fork of the Guadalupe River outside of Hunt, Texas. The specks out to the right are cattle. :)

I think I'm back in the painting groove after a really busy start to the year--just picking up a brush again after so many days was a treat. I've been out to the Hill Country several times this year already, and have collected a number of photos--the new material will be fun for me. It's been so darn cold here--working from photos is about all I'm brave enough to do.

-julie davis

9 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Gorgeous. Just perfect. I wrote about you on my blog tonight.

xoxoxoxoxoBarbara

Lynn said...

I like this painting, especially the colors! Nice start to the new decade.

Tammy Hext said...

Love this one - the composition, the colour - very striking.

Liza Hirst said...

I like your latest paintings very much! Hadn't been here for a while and am pleased that Barbara wrote about you and reminded me of your wonderful work!

Kim Rempel said...

Hi Julie,
I discovered your site through Barbara Muir and I just have to tell you how wonderful your paintings are! Your compositions, colour and brush work are absolutely lovely.

Patricia Siegel said...

Great sense of depth in this piece. 'Definitely speaks Texas!

Leslie Saeta said...

I love this one! The angles and absolutely wonderful and the simplicity is stunning!

Stephen Parker said...

Really nice composition, Julie. And thats' definitely a central Texas farm road. Beautiful.

Camille LaRue Olsen said...

Seconding what the others have said, this is such a nice cool, crisp, painting. The blue of the sky is so true and I love the spareness and cleanness (word?) of the composition.