Thursday, February 12, 2009

5:00 a.m. painting

The Outlier, 6 x 6
sold

So my new thing is getting up at 5 a.m. to paint on the days that are going to be crazy (before the kids get up and I move on to being breakfast chef).  I'm really giving daily painting a try, and so far I'm so excited about the idea of being able to paint every day that I've had no trouble jumping into it so early.  I did this one this morning, and I really like the color combination. Grapes are a challenge--I'm learning blocking them in is key--but I like the little guy in the front--I see him as out there intentionally, stubbornly on his own.

2 comments:

Laurel Daniel said...

Nice job! And at 5am no less... I love your commitment and the painting too!

John Weisinger said...

Julie, I love the way you name your piece of work. Don't loose this trait as it is quickly becoming your trade mark in my opinion.

Secondly, you are much more beautiful than the photo on your site. I have one that does you justice!

J