Tuesday, September 17, 2013

In the Tall Grass


In the Tall Grass
8 x 6 inches, oil on panel
$120 + tax, $15 s/h

I'm back from my summer posting hiatus, and happily so.  Our family took priority this summer--lots of travel and down time with the girls and Ben. Our eldest is a senior this year, so my tendency to put my kids above my painting has been in full force.  Now that they're back in school and I have blocks of time, though, I'm diving headlong into my work with a healthy mixture of fear and anticipation.  Fear that I've forgotten everything (including how to post) and anticipation of the lofty goals I've set for myself.  Bear with me as I "brush" the rust off and get back in the flow.

This piece is from a scene I came across this summer in a valley in northern California.  I wish I could've stayed there and painted for a month. So many beautiful scenes, and this subtle evening light was delightful.

-julie davis

6 comments:

Laurel Daniel said...

YAY!! You are back! I am so glad to see your post this morning - delicious simple shapes and color. So nice, so you.

hmuxo said...

Beautifully painted, Julie. SO painterly...love it!!!!

Pam Holnback said...

If this is rusty I can't wait to see more!

Barbara Muir said...

Rust? What rust. So glad to see you're back. I miss your work when it's not here.

XOXO Barbara

Stephen Parker said...

Yeah, what rust?

julie davis said...

None of you all saw the warm up pieces over the last week!!