Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hay Bales in Line


Hay Bales In Line
6 x 8 in., oil on panel
sold

I've been wanting to paint this subject since this summer in Idaho. I painted a 15 minute plein air piece then, and just never quite found the comfort zone with that one,though I really wanted to paint it larger. This is also a study, just 6" x 8", but I like this one better, and am looking forward to working on a bit larger piece. The hay was so tidy-ly laid out.....

-julie davis

*and on a hopeful note, I have lost an email from a very nice person who was interested in one of my paintings from the Hunt area--a scene along the Guadalupe River. If that person happens to see this, please contact me again! I have no clue how the email disappeared, but I have hunted to no avail.

2 comments:

mary maxam said...

So gladI just saw this on fb. Snappy and beautiful brushwork and color. Very Idaho!

Kathy Cousart said...

Beautiful composition= love the pattern the hay bales make! Gorgeous colors that have wonderful harmony.