Monday, January 9, 2012

Sunset

Sunset
6 x 8 in., oil on panel
$120 + tax, $15 s/h

I'm in love with the pinks in this little study. This particular sunset was this summer in Wyoming. I've had this painting for a bit, and am ready to try it larger. Sometimes I have to live with a painting a while to process what it is I like about it and where I want to take it. I'm sure this is not profound, but I've noticed how good it feels sometimes to live with a piece for a while before working a larger version. Then again, sometimes I'm ready the same day.

-julie davis

9 comments:

Barbara M. said...

Mmmm Mmmm Mmmmm This is one beautiful painting, both subtle and dramatic. Sooooo good.

You rock Julie!

xoxoxoxoxoxBarbara

Christine Klinger said...

Lovely.

-Christine, Yellow Springs, Ohio

John said...

I agree. very nice Julie

Sarah said...

Your work is gorgeous. I'll be back!

Bev Boren said...

Just beautiful, very nice!

Kerri Settle said...

I hope the new year is treating you well, Julie! I agree - those soft pinks really make this a stand-out piece. It'll be a treat to see it in a large format, too.

Anna Tikhomirova said...

Love this colours! Your blog never fails to delight, Julie.

Karen Bruson said...

Nice brushwork and subtle color palette.

David Webb said...

A very peaceful scene with such atmosphere. You must've painted like a fury to catch the moment before it was gone.