Monday, September 5, 2011

Tree Study 18

Tree Study 18, 8 x 6 in.

This is a scene from a small pond in Idaho that I did from a little different angle while there. In this angle I wanted to include more of the pond and its reflections. I'm pretty pleased with it.

I'm headed off tomorrow for Weekend With the Masters again in CA--cannot wait! I'll try to post some from there, but down time is usually at a minimum, so I'm not sure what I'll get to do. I'm looking forward to taking some classes with Joe Paquet and Kevin MacPherson, not to mention many others I'll get to see demos or hear lectures from. Super excited, and can't thank my husband and kids enough for giving me the break to run and do this!!

-julie davis

4 comments:

Klinger Studios said...

Lovely and inspiring. I love the way you handled the sky and treetops - gives them a real sense of movement, and life. Thanks.
P.S. I'm going to try to find out about the Weekend With the Masters in CA. Sounds interesting!
-Christine

Denise Rose said...

Just beautiful Julie! Have a wonderful time at the Weekend and can't wait to hear about it when you return!

Karen Bruson said...

Beautiful!

Virginia Floyd said...

Really beautiful, Julie! I thought about you many times on my vacation in Yellowstone. The area is so beautiful! I've never attempted landscapes, but I remembered your posts about painting trees and I think I might like to try.