Sunday, August 28, 2011

Texas Palms Study

Texas Palms, study, 8 x 6 in.
sold

One of my friends here in Austin has been after me for a while (could be something over a year) to do a little something with a palm tree in it--she has a place at the coast here in Texas. I keep telling her Austin isn't exactly rife with palms. I finally relented and said I'd do one in my tree study series if she'd get me a photo or two, so she sent some photos my way of some palms near her place at the beach. Well, here you go, friend. This one is for you. :)

-julie davis

5 comments:

Susan Roux said...

Nice friend!

Kathy Cousart said...

I really like the way you painted the Texas Palms! The greens are gorgeous- love the tree trunks....especially like the loose and varied background. Spot of sandy color at the bottom grounds them.

carol morgan carmichael said...

Great job on these palms Julie. Hard to paint things out of our comfort zone.

Barbara Muir said...

Love this Julie,

They look a whole lot like California palms. I love that look. Super painting.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxBarbara

Janet Bludau Fine Art said...

Julie,
You are putting the California artists to shame with these wonderful palms! Good job......