Tuesday, April 5, 2011

River Valley Elms

River Valley Elms, 16 x 20 in.
donation to ARC of the Capital art auction

The weekend is approaching, and I'm getting excited about the opening at Davis Gallery this Saturday night. I stopped by the gallery yesterday with a friend and saw it all up, and I have to say-- it looks amazing!! Bill Davis (I keep saying no relation--but really--no relation!) has done a beautiful job of hanging the work so that the pieces compliment one another and the show really flows.

The two other artists in the show, my good friends Laurel Daniel and Stephen Parker, have pulled off tremendous bodies of work. If you're in the Austin area, I hope you'll have theopportunity stop in and see it. Kudos to Bill Davis and Laurel and Stephen--see you Saturday!

-julie davis

10 comments:

Denise Rose said...

Oh Julie, this is beautiful and I am so excited for you and Laurel and Stephen and your show! I want to just get in my car and drive down there to see it! I hope the opening goes well and yall take some photos to post!

julie davis said...

Thank you, Denise. I wish you were closer -- that's the only disadvantage to having blogger friends all over the world. It's almost impossible to meet! But thank you for being so supportive here--it means a lot!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful painting, I love the tree shapes.

Kim Rempel said...

Great gesture in those trees. And colour. Congrats and good luck on the show. Should be fantastic!

Ann Rogers said...

Julie, all of your paintings for the show look amazing! I'm sure each of you will have a very successful event. Will look forward to more photos from the opening.

Anonymous said...

Julie, what a lovely painting. This show sounds awesome....wish I were local to take it in. Good luck and wishing you many red dots!

Pam Holnback said...

Sounds like a great show, what a great group. Congratulations and good luck! Your piece is beautiful.

claire christinel said...

Your paintings for this show are beautiful! I wish I lived close enough to come. I love the work of Laurel and Stephen as well. I wish all of you great success with the show! Take pictures and post them for us distant admirers.

Marilyn Flanegan said...

Another lovely painting, Julie. I'm so looking forward to the show. What a blessing to have all of you in the Austin area. Congratulations to you, Laurel and Stephen!

Valérie Pirlot said...

Just found your blog by chance and I'm loving your paintings. Absolutely beautiful. Looking forward to follow your next posts now. I particularly love this one. Would be really interested in knowing the colours you have on your palette...