Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Jill Carver Workshop

On Salado Creek, 6 x 8

I haven't posted in a while--I've been on a fantastic trip to Santa Fe (plenty of art to enjoy) and dove right into a plein air workshop this week led by Jill Carver.   Jill is a fantastic landscape painter--her work is shown locally at Wally Workman Gallery.   I'm learning and absorbing as much as I can.  There are some terrific professional painters in my class, and it's great to be exposed to them and their work on a personal level.    Workshop work isn't always one's best work--you're learning techniques, styles, colors, theory--much of it is new to me, and I can't wait to share what I find valuable......just not tonight.....too tired!

-julie davis

3 comments:

Leslie Saeta said...

You are taking the same workshop with one of my favorite painters and bloggers, Carol Marine! Lucky you! Have a great time, and no pressure to turn out great works ... it is all about learning!

Pam Holnback said...

I really like Jill Carver's landscapes. Would love to take one of her workshops. Noticed she's doing on in western olorado this summer. Great piece.

Laurel Daniel said...

Lucky you - what a great group you are with! I know you are making every minute count because that's how you are. Can't wait to hear all about it!!!!